Business Development Manager - Broadcast Media
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£35000 - £37000 per annum + generous commission|
An established Bristol-based media-research company is looking to replace a very successful Business Development Manager, who earned double the salary of £35k with commission.
This very successful and innovative quantitative-research house provides sophisticated data analysis and statistical modelling of mainly BARB data to media businesses and the outgoing Business Development Manager has left a client portfolio including most of the UK's broadcasters and production companies; US studios, talent agents and rights holders. Your job would be maintaining and growing that base, which would involve regular travel to London.
- Taking over the existing client portfolio, mainly based in London and maximising business development opportunities, communicating via meetings, phone and email, putting together proposals and costings for new work.
We're looking for somebody with experience in a client-facing role in the media sector and ideally with recent contacts. Please only apply if you have:
- Minimum three years experience in a media agency, media owner, client-side marketing department, broadcast production company or related business, with a good knowledge of television viewing data.
- Understanding all of the terminology used and ideally an understanding of how companies in the media industry commission research.
- Ability to talk confidently about research issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Availability to travel to London at least once a week.
This is a wonderful opportunity to take over an established client portfolio of a thriving business and earn instant commission on top of a generous basic salary. You'd be working in a positive, modern business environment in central Bristol with good development opportunities. If you'd like to take advantage of this and have media industry experience, we'd love to hear from you. Please send a CV now!