Trainee Event Coordinator - Graduate starter
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£21000 - £22000 per annum|
An established and very successful B2B conference company that produces events across the UK and Europe, is looking to train an Event Co-ordinator to add to the team. You will be working on up to sixteen exciting business events throughout the calendar year, responsible for all the logistics: catering, staging, speaker accommodation, sponsor branding and the entire delegate experience at these events. You'll also be responsible for managing the budget, co-ordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly,
This is a demanding role calling for high attention to detail but one you'll find very rewarding. As well as first-class training, there are clear career-development opportunities; the Director in charge of this department started in this role.
What we're looking for:
- A min 2:1 arts degree with at least three Bs at 'A' Level. Strangely, we are not looking for Event Management degrees, we can teach you that; writing skills are important so our preferred subjects are academic, essay-based degrees such as: English, Law, History, Geography, Philosophy, History of Art etc.
- Evidence of organisational skills is an advantage, so if you've organised a charity appeal, a ski-season, a sports event, a long period of travelling or similar, please make that clear on your application.
- IT Skills: Excel and Powerpoint particularly
- Excellent written and spoken English and high attention to detail, so make sure your CV has no spelling or grammar errors.
- Communication skills: Event co-ordinators talk to clients, listen to their needs and present ideas and solutions. They work with suppliers, contractors, employees, venue staff and many other parties at the same time. Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Calm under pressure: Things can go wrong. Event co-ordinators need to remain calm during the high pressure of an event.
- Negotiation Skills: You'll be working out prices with clients and contractors.
- Organization and Problem-Solving Skills: Co-ordinators need to stay focused, organized and be able to solve issues so the event goes off without a hitch.
If this is you and you want to take advantage of this career-start opportunity, please send a WORD not pdf CV without spelling or grammar errors NOW!